Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service is connected with hoarding and/or sharing particular web content on a web server managed by a website hosting supplier. There are different varieties of hosting services used for various ends, so let's have a glimpse at them. In that way, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to run a web page, mail address accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution provided by given providers, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are often supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain period of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely twisted explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would assign the load between individual groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various web page hosting services (email, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain providers provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is good if you desire to share a large amount of pics with mates or partners since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will get a random link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your email addresses. Some distributors provide web page hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you would like to get an email address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this method instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred visitors, you may have trouble with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will permit you to utilize as many video files as you wish without bothering about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a website. To some extent, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Free Hostia, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that allow you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for particular web content only.